Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tuesday, Ups and Downs


Well, today was a mixed bag. Baby NiNi spiked a fever, so they pan-cultured her, removed the foley catheter, and started big-gun antibiotics. The surgeon is confident she will be ready for surgery Friday.

Before they could swap out central lines, my punkin coughed out her breathing tube. She didn't do well on her own, so they had to sedate her and put the breathing tube back in. So tonight they are putting in the central line and removing the one from the left ventricle.

On the positive side, Baby was alert and smiling at me today, holding grandma's hand, and her echo was excellent again. So we wait and continue to hope and pray for my miracle baby.

11 comments:

  1. Still praying for baby NiNi:)


    xoxo,

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continued prayers... LOVE the bunny slippers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man!!!!! I am so sorry that it was such a rollercoaster of a day. What a gift that she is alert and connecting...but I'm so sorry she had to go through so much :( Praying for those antibiotics to kick her infection so that she can have surgery on Friday. I'm praying for you guys too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the good work Nini and Mama!!!! We are continuing to pray for Nini to sail through all her procedures and surgery and have a long, happpy, healthy life! Thanks for updating us and keep yourself well, Bonnie. You are both amazing!

    MaryHelen (from Yahoo SAC list)
    Lucky Mama to Rose, age 4yrs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie,

    Thoughtful prayers for you and Olivia Grace. We will remember her and you and grandma in our prayer group that meets tomorrow.

    Pastor John Herrmann
    Faith Lutheran Church

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie, Baby NiNi, & Carol:
    I am still keeping Baby NiNi in my prayers for her full & speedy recovery. And I am praying for the whole family.
    Thank you for keeping us updated on Baby NiNi's progress. She is so cute! I can't wait to talk to Carol (Grandma) & see all the pictures.

    Love, hugs, & prayers in Christ Jesus,
    Roxanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for freedom from infection and for her surgery on Friday. Praying for you too for strength and peace. I am sorry that it was such a roller coaster day. Just know that you are in our thoughts and our prayers.
    Praying believing that we will all be telling the miracle stories about Nini!
    Blessings,
    The Hellers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Continued prayers for you and sweet baby NiNi. Kari

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just checking back in to let you know I'm praying!!!! I didn't notice the adorable bunny slipper last time...too cute! I will be heading out of town until Saturday and may not have internet. Please know that I am still praying!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonnie, Having just been through a similar situation myself...daughter home from China at the end of January, open-heart surgery - Glenn -March 4th, extended drainage, spiked a fever, ended up with a blood infection, a 4 week stay in the hospital...I'm praying for strength for you and for baby NiNi. I know how small and surreal life in the hospital can feel after a while. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sending you prayers for healing, and peace. Your little NiNi is one awesome little baby! Take gentle care.
    Jeana in Illinois

    ReplyDelete