Monday, March 8, 2010

I have NiNi!!!



I have my beautiful baby girl, since 1000 this morning. She was waiting with her caregivers when we all arrived at the govt office. Her caregivers obviously loved her; they cried when they said goodbye. She had been bathed and dressed in new clothes. These wonderfully generous people gave me a bag of formula, most of a bag of diapers, baby powder, and a quilted wrap to keep her warm...suddenly, the orphanage fee and the amount of the gifts for the caregivers felt very chintzy. How do you put a price on keeping my child alive and warm and cared for?? NiNi didn't cry when she woke up; she was quiet and looked around, but didn't fuss til she had a wet diaper. She wears newborn size diapers, and is VERY skinny... as I would expect with a heart baby who has been sick.

She is still ill, her cough is fierce and she turns a lovely shade of blue with all exertion. She eats every 3 hours, little amounts, 3-4 ounces, and sleeps most of the time. She stirs when she coughs, and cries when she needs changed. Her resting respiratory rate is 60, with activity-80. We are trying to get oxygen for here in the hotel, and my agency is working to get us expedited, hoping to head to the US ASP- probably 3/17, if all goes well. The only thing that will help is surgery at this point.

On the plus side, she is just darling, fits nicely in my arms!! :-) The other 5 families have their little ones also! It was quite a morning. 2 of the babies came from 3 hours away, and were delayed, I felt so bad for the parents!! We are all settling into our rooms, the dads of the group were thoughtful and went to Walmart for everyone, including me, so I don't have to leave the hotel.

WOW!!! I'm finally a mom...well, today I'm a foster mom. Tomorrow she becomes mine in the eyes of the Chinese government. We sign official papers then.

Keep us in prayers!! Enjoy the pictures! :-)

8 comments:

  1. She is absolutely beautiful!!! I'm praying that you can get her home and into surgery soon...in the meantime, however, remember that God is holding her heart in His hands and HE is the one that's kept it functioning all this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bonnie. She is absolutely precious...so TINY! Please know - you have so many people praying for you and NiNi in the coming days...and as you know, in this universe ALL THINGS are possible. So we will continue to wish you safe, speedy travel and a quick, successful surgery for your sweet girl. SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful! Congratulations on finally becoming a mom! Isn't it the best feeling? Please know that prayers are being said for you and your sweet girl. I know how stressful it can be to be so far away from home with a baby who needs surgery. It was difficult for me to enjoy our time in China because I was so anxious to get home and get Mia the care she needed. That being said try to enjoy your time in your daughter's homeland. It is an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Soooo happy for you. Will keep you in my prayers... Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is adorable and so tiny!! I pray that you can get back to the US sooner rather than later so that she can get the medical care she so desperately needs!! CONGRATULATIONS, MOMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is just beautiful and praying that you can get things moving faster so you can get her to a doctor/hospital quickly at home.
    Congrats on Mommyhood - it is wonderful!
    Lavonne - LCC mom to 4 from China
    www.thedideons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is stunning!!! I am praying for you guys and all that it takes to get home. Praying for that oxygen and smooth traveling! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just caught up on your journey to China...WOW, you went through a LOT! Poor baby girl! I'm SO glad you are home safe, the surgery is done, and your little pumpkin is recovering. Now lets watch her GROW and thrive in her mama's arms!!

    I love seeing this photo of you holding her for the first time. She's just beautiful!!

    Belated Congratulations and BIG Hugs,
    ~Tanya

    ReplyDelete