Well, I've been a parent for just about 36 hours now...It has been interesting, scary, and fabulous...all rolled into one.
Our first night together did not go smoothly. Baby slept a little, but was congested and oxygenated better when propped on my shoulder with me walking...so I walked and walked with her. At 0130, she spiked a temp of 102.5 axillary- so she got her first dose of tylenol! She had a second dose at 0730 for a temp of 100.6 axillary. She's been 98.3 Ax or less since, thankfully. She grieved all night; every time she woke up, she'd look around, frown, then her bottom lip would extend, and she made the saddest, most forlorn sound I've ever heard from a baby...She would look at me and start to cry...she was used to her caregivers, and they doted on her, so there is an emptiness in her little life right now...she continues to drink well, thankfully.
This morning, all 6 of us in the group went back to the govt office for adoption papers...we got gorgeous red 'books" with the adoption decree in them. Baby NiNi is now mine in the eyes of China!..Then we went to the notary office for final paperwork there also. Now all 7 of my gifts have been given, which will clear a little room in the suitcase. :-)
Once we returned to the hotel, our guide met us with her assistant, who brought the oxygen "pillow" for NiNi...it is a large nylon pillow, filled with O2...and a roller-clamp instead of a flowmeter!!! It is a little archaic, but it seems to work..Baby's color has improved nicely this afternoon/ evening; although she is always dusky, her face and head were pink for the first time since I've met her...when she's struggling, I just squeeze the bag a little...
No word yet on if we are being expedited...My agency was focusing on helping a family out, who was stuck in Guangzhou...but it is being resolved...so I should know something in the next day or so.
Keep Baby in prayers, please! Thank you so much for the continued support, it mean soo much!!
Our Birthday Princess!
14 years ago







You sound like such a natural!!!!!!! Way to go mama! I am praying for you guys and for her lungs to clear up as well as for an expedite! Oh and for some deep sleep for both of you!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are doing great and God will provide. You actually had a very good hospital experience in China which is also an amazing provision. I am a heart baby and have 4 from China and all have some heart issues from minor to major and all are doing well. You are the perfect mom for this precious child - enjoy motherhood.
ReplyDeleteAlso, your insurance company should have no issues with this - i had all my kids covered from Gotcha day with 3 different issurance companies so this is the norm.
Lavonne (LCC)