
A message from Bonnie..."Baby NiNi had the pulmonary artery banding and BTS (shunt) this morning (Tuesday). It went better than expected, no bypass machine needed, and only 4 1/2hrs! NiNi has an open chest, ventilator, chest tubes, pacer wires, some IV pressor support. Her left ventricle started working like a champ, and the docs are thrilled. If she continues this way, they are talking about doing the arterial switch in 2 weeks, not months! I can't stay in the room or even talk near her- she hears me and fights to move towards me, opens her little, swollen eyes and looks for me. She is quite a fighter, my precious wee one! The docs are impressed with her determination, saying she is my miracle baby. I had to keep my hands in my pockets to refrain from touching her. After 2 weeks of holding her constantly, it feels abnormal not to. Keep us in prayers, please. We are off to a great start at the BEST facility."
(Don't you love good news-I know I do! Gina)







I love good news too!! So happy to see NiNi getting better!
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Lynn
YAY!!!! Praise God!!!!! Keep fighting NiNi!
ReplyDeleteNot being able to hold her must be torture!!! But I'm glad the surgery went so well. Rejoicing with you!!!
ReplyDeleteBonnie & Carol & NiNi: I am keeping you all in my thoughts in prayers. She is such a beautiful baby! And I hope you will be hold her as soon as possible. I know NiNi is looking forward to that too.
ReplyDeleteLove, hugs, & prayers to you, NiNi, & your family.
Roxanna