Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Less Than 24 Hours to Go!

Well, I am down to the wire on time...can't believe how fast the past 2 weeks have flown by....Just doing all the last minute stuff; paying bills, running to the pharmacy, took my leave of absence paperwork to the hospital, said good-bye to my coworkers, etc. etc. I am now down to the last 3 stops and putting everything IN the suitcase!! Not too shabby.

Feeling a little anxious, mostly because of the medical unknowns...I am used to a well-oiled machine, with backup, equipment...and adult patients. Now I'm going to care for a LITTLE ONE, with no equipment and limited backup...It was all good until I found out about her pneumonia and need for oxygen...it's a "stable vs. unstable" sort of thing...It is DEFINITELY in God's hands now...Bless my agency, they are already lining things up in-country so we have access to oxygen for travel from Zhengzhou to Guangzhou...not sure what the plan will be if we need it at the hotels! Plan B is already in formation, for all the "in cases" that might arise.

My sweetie is picking us up at 0700, since we are flying out of San Francisco at 1230...
Keep Baby in prayers, please.

Isaiah 43:5- "Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west."

6 comments:

  1. Bonnie - have a wonderful trip. Be sure to take deep breaths and drink lots of (bottled) water. KNOW that everything you need will be there for you when you need it - and IT WILL. You and baby will be in our thoughts and prayers every day until you bring her home (and even then!) I hope someone will be updating your blog for you during the trip so we can hear how things are going. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, left you a message on ChinaHeart but wasn't sure you could access it. I am the proud Mommy of a little girl born with TGA, 3 VSDs, ASD and PS. She is doing WONDERFUL!!! Please know my thoughts and prayers go with you. I am so excited about another little TGA baby coming home!!!!!

    PRAYERS and BLESSINGS!
    Leslie

    cljjs (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ***Our DD was in the hospital in China when we got to our Gotcha Day. We had quite an experience. Please email if you need to talk, vent, whatever! I know since God is going before you, that will be your strength. Praying!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Oxygen is readily available in China. Let me know if your guide needs to get it and can't find it. I will get you in touch w/ our agency and they can help.

    PLEASE if you see this and have not already packed it do take tubing and a pediatric mask; these were not readily available.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you, and lifting you up in prayer this morning! Have a great trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm praying for you!!!!!! Take Wife of the Pres up on her advice! She walked us through our China time when Georgia was sick. She is an amazing encourager and a prayer warrior!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie,
    Praying for you BOTH! Can't wait to see her with her mommy!

    ReplyDelete