Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 3 and a Hospital Visit

Well, Day 3 has been a challenge. For the 2nd night in a row, I slept maybe 2 hours...baby's breathing worsened through the night, she was really struggling...so at 0900, my guide and I took her to the hospital. "Hospital" is really a euphemism at this point. They DID give her a scalp IV, fluids, antibiotics, decongestants, and nebulizer treatments, which did ease her breathing. We have to bring all our own supplies, it is so strange...plus we don't speak the language, and EVERYONE wants to touch my kiddo- even the coughing sick people!! Very frustrating...no rooms available to put us in, either...We have to take the train to Guangzhou, but now we are taking oxygen, nebulizers, and emergency meds...should be an interesting day...when we get to Guangzhou, we have to put her back in the hospital, to continue the antibiotics.
Just heard from my agency...we are being expedited!!! Our consulate appt is Monday, and if there are no glitches, we will get visas then also...then we can take the train to HongKong, and be on a flight to the US either Tuesday or Wed....Such a relief, but it feels so far away...
Please keep us in your prayers.

8 comments:

  1. Oh honey!!!! Poor baby! God knew what he was doing when he chose you to be her mama! So glad that you famimliar with the medical cardiology world....all that said, it is just plain scary as a mama to have your child struggling...not to mention in a foreign country. I am praying for you and for Isabella's lungs to clear. Praying that you get home asap!!!!!
    Hugs!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Praying for Olivia (sorry that I called her Isabella!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are getting expedited!!!! My prayers are with you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such good news on being expedited. I have been thinking about you all the time this week, and I know many others are too Bonnie. I am truly in awe of your strength and bravery. It's hard enough just to be a new mom for the first time, but to be a new mom with a child so sick... You are an amazing woman. NiNi will make it thru all this and you get to be her blessed mama! Hang in there. I will pray for you to be able to get some restful sleep in the coming days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so happy that you are getting expedited!!! My prayers continue that she will stay stable, tolerate the flights and get home ASAP.

    All my best,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow just caught up with your adventure to motherhood! my thoughts are with you and your little one as you continue your journey back home!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog on the CCAIWCP group. Your daughter is beautiful!! I'm so relieved that you will get to come early and get the care for NiNi that she needs!! My prayers are with you and your sweet daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy to hear you are coming home early! I know it can't be soon enough for you. Prayers are being said for you and sweet Olivia.

    ReplyDelete