
Hi, this is Gina again...Baby NiNi had her first procedure today, a heart catherization (Cardiac catherization is a minimally invasive procedure which provides a means of performing a number of other procedures.) (Sorry friends, I'm a teacher, not a nurse. I just used a hospital's website to get these definitions.)
She's on the ventilator and is going for pulmonary artery banding in the morning. (Pulmonary artery banding is used in a small number of cases of d-TGA, usually when the corrective surgery needs to be delayed, to create an artificial stenosis in order to control pulmonary blood pressure; PAB involves placing a band around the pulmonary trunk, this band can then be quickly and easily adjusted when necessary.)
And in Bonnie's words, "The next few days might be rough, as the left ventricle adjusts to pumping against higher pressure. The goal is to "train" the ventricle, build the muscle so the switch will be a success, probably 2-3 months from now. The docs are optimistic, saying a few months from now she'll be a normal kiddo. Everyone has been so helpful. I got a room at the Ronald Mcdonald House, and mom's heading here for a few days. Please continue to keep us in your prayers."







Bonnie, I am praying nonstop for your sweet baby. I am so thankful you are home safe and that she could be admitted immediately. Thank you for keeping us updated! People all around the world are praying for her!
ReplyDeleteYes - thank you so much for keeping us up to date - we, too, are continually praying for baby Nini and will do so until we get the message that she is now a nornal kiddo! Take care of yourself as well, Bonnie, Nini needs her Momma!
ReplyDeleteMaryHelen (from Yahoo SAC list)
Lucky Mama to Rose, age 4yrs
Continuing to lift you up in prayer!!! And, my oh my! She looks so absolutely precious...even with all the tubes! I'm glad the doctors are optimistic, and look forward to seeing NiNi reach a full recovery!
ReplyDeleteSo glad that you are home and that she is getting the care she needs!
ReplyDeleteKelly
Bonnie:
ReplyDeleteNiNi is such a beautiful baby! I am so glad you all are back & that Baby NiNi is getting the proper medical care she needs. I will keep NiNi & all of you in my prayers.
Say "HI" to your Mom for me.
Love, hugs, & prayers in Christ's name,
Roxanna
We're praying Bonnie. God bless.
ReplyDeletePraying today for the banding! Praying that Gd directs her heart to work exaclt as it should with it! Praying for strength for Bonnie as she continues on this marathon! Thrilled to be part of the cheering squad!
ReplyDeleteShe is so lovely and I am so glad you all are at such a great hospital, getting the care she needs. I've been following your journey with interest, as a mom of another heart baby from China. Best wishes,
ReplyDeleteJulie G. from the Yahoo CCAI group
Bonnie, Melissa D from group 1564 here. We are so glad you and Baby are home safe and sound. We are praying for you and we love you and miss you. Be strong, my friend.
ReplyDelete"The docs are optimistic, saying a few months from now she'll be a normal kiddo."...I seriously just got goosebumps when I read this...prayers are being answered and dreams are being achieved - every. single. day. You and NiNi continue to be in my thoughts daily and I look forward to hearing more updates!
ReplyDeleteAnother person here lifting you all up in prayer. As I pray I visualize NiNi singing and dancing and going off to pre-k with a bounce in her step. She will be healed and she has her forever Mama beside her to kiss her booboos and make her feel safe! It may be a long hard journey, but one worth it in so many ways!! Welcome to America, NiNi. We are proud of you!
ReplyDeleteMichele, single Mama to two precious girls from China
So glad to hear that the process to heal NiNi's little heart has begun! Continued prayers are being said for baby NiNi, Bonnie, and her family.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for keeping us all updated. I am sooo happy Princess NiNi is now getting the care she needs and is finally HOME! Prayers going up for mom, baby and the doctors and nurses. :o)
ReplyDelete