Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day of Surgery: A New Beginning



Well, it has been a very long wait, but my sweet baby girl now has normal circulation. She went to surgery @1230, and the docs said not to expect them before 8 P.M. At 5:15, a cvicu rn came and told us they were off bypass and would be out in 1 1/2hrs. Dr. Reddy came to see us @6:25 w/ a BIG smile. He's thrilled with how well NiNi's doing. She came from OR @6:35. Her chest is closed, she is on minimal IV pressor support, her oxygen sats are 100% for the first time in her life, and they might take out the breathing tube tomorrow. She's getting more blood, which we expected...but she is PINK!! :-) I can't tell you how thrilled I am. The pain team will start working w/her this week, to wean her off the narcotics and sedatives her that body has become used to. It might make for a few unhappy days of withdrawal, but she is resilient. Thank you to evryone who has kept us in prayers, I believe it made a HUGE difference. The next 24 hours are the critical period, but we are off to a great start!! :-)

19 comments:

  1. Many prayers coming her way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks good for what she has been through! Such a beautiful baby who now has a chance to live a happy life being loved by her own mama. Makes me happy! We'll be praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful...many blessings to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping NiNi in our prayers for a speedy recovery so happy things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful!!!! God is so good!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise God and He is wonderful ALL the time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! We will continue to pray for Nini, her family and her docs and nurses!

    MaryHelen (from Yahoo SAC list)
    Lucky Mama to Rose, age 4yrs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wohoo!!! Praise God, praise God, praise God!!!! He is SO good!
    Blessings,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, such happy tears over here! Praise God!!!!!!!!! Oh, there is nothing like seeing your child pink for the first time!!!!! Praying hard for today and the next couple of days! Yahooo NiNi!!!!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful news!! Still praying for NiNi!

    xoxo,

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonnie, Baby NiNi, & Carol:

    I am so glad that Baby NiNi is doing so well after surgery. And thank you for posting new pictures of her. She is SO beautiful!

    I am keeping you all in my prayers & praying for a complete & speedy recovery for Baby NiNi.

    Love, hugs & prayers in Christ name.
    Roxanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got goose bumps reading this post. Hallelujah!!! So happy for you Bonnie, your patience, faith and hope has paid off for you and NiNi...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome news! Yay for pink! We will continue to keep you and your lovely baby in our thoughts and prayers. Kari

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad!!!!! Will continue to keep her in my prayers!!1

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't pink a beautiful color? Praise God! We will continue to pray for a smooth recovery for sweet NiNi and continued strength for her amazing mama!

    ReplyDelete
  16. HOORAY!!!! What wonderful news!!! So very happy to hear this. Our prayers are with you and Nini as she recovers. We hope the next 24 hours go smooth. It looks like Nini is off to a great jumpstart! I bet she can't wait to go home with Mommy. Amazing little girl.

    Very best wishes,
    The Ericksons

    ReplyDelete
  17. Praise God! What a tough little girl you have!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thrilled to read this update. She is just beautiful! I cant wait to read the posts where she is running here there and everywhere and Mama wonders where she gets the energy! She is a miracle!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Bonnie~ I'm so glad your little hunny pulled through her surgery. But how hard to see her hooked up to all of those cords. Maybe being a nurse helps some...but still...that's your baby girl lying there! I'm SO glad that I came by your blog today and got to see her in your arms...that's just where she belongs! And glad to read that her skin is PINK now. That's one thing about those heart babies, as that many of them are so blue...so when the color returns, it is just such a gift and a blessing to see! I can't wait to see all the wonderful things her future holds now!!

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete