Monday, April 19, 2010

6 Weeks Together!




Today NiNi and I have been a family for 6 weeks. :-) We are still at LPCH, hoping to go home this week. Baby's doing well, eating 3-4oz every 3hrs. She still requires O2, just that little bit. Xray shows atelectasis (not fully expanded lung) on the R, but the L is improved. The L was the bigger issue yesterday. She gets respiratory treatments and chest percussion 4x/day, but we might go home on O2 for a bit. Baby also has a urinary infection; today she had a scan to check for bladder reflux; it was negative. Urology will see her Tuesday. She will stay on low-dose bactrim for now. She can hold her head up for approx. 20 seconds now and is so good-natured; the staff is just charmed. She wakes up with a smile and blows kisses to mommy. Mom has to go home in the next day or two. It's been such a blessing to have her for this long. Baby's quite attached to her, too. :-) We have had some of the best MDs and nurses in the country caring for us; this is just an amazing place! Here's hoping for discharge soon! :-)

5 comments:

  1. Dear Bonnie, Baby NiNi, & Carol:

    What beautiful pictures of Baby NiNi. She is so cute & looks like she is a real charmer. I am so happy for all of you that you finally got to bring Baby NiNi the the USA & that she is on the road to recovery. And I pray for a complete & speedy recovery for her. I also pray for you, Bonnie, & your whole family. Baby NiNi is such a wonderful addition to the family.

    Love, hugs, & prayers in Christ's name
    Roxanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think EVERYONE is charmed by NiNi (even those of us just following via blog)...I love seeing her so bright-eyed and smiley in these pics. What a precious baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been following your journey and your daughter is just beautiful! So glad to see her so alert and happy!!! She knows her Mommy is taking such good care of her. Praying for her continued progress, and a speedy recovery! How does one make a hospital look so inviting!! That sweet face of hers is pure joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Happy 6 weeks!!!! Baby NiNi is just so precious and you can tell that she is just soaking up all of the love from her Mama! Praying for her lungs and that you get to go home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad she is doing so well!!!!

    ReplyDelete