


Today was a day of progress, but stressful progress. Baby Nini was extubated @1030 A.M.!! No more ventilator. But she developed stridor and wasn't taking deep breaths...so they gave her special respiratory treatments, and put her on CPAP for a while. This afternoon she improved enough to go on nasal cannula! :-) Her sats stay in the high 90's, and she is so PINK! It's still so amazing to see. They stopped the morphine and versed, and started methadone and ativan. The next few days might be rough as she withdraws. The docs also removed the Left Atrial catheter from Baby's heart, which went well. Once the Right Atrial catheter is out, I'll be able to hold her! Another day or two. The docs are raving about how well she's doing.
Baby is unhappy, crying when she sees me or my mom. It is hard to watch. We are on the road to recovery! :-) Hopefully, this weekend, NiNi will be strong enough that I can hold her.
(Don't you LOVE the pics withONLY the O2 tubing and her sucking her thumb! I know I do! It's so great seeing NiNi with minimal medical invasiveness! Love the heart shaped medical tape too in the last picture.-- Gina)







She looks SO good! I cannot believe all of her progress! Oh but my heart hurts for you knowing that she is crying for you. Georgia did that too and it just about killed me to not be able to hold her! Praying for you!!!!!! Hooray for all of the progress!
ReplyDeleteShannon
So happy for you and Baby NiNi! She is beautiful and a little fighter. You and Baby NiNi were put together for a reason. Prayers for continued improvement each day.
ReplyDeleteGet stronger, Baby NiNi!!!! Your momma needs to hold you!!!!!!!!!! Continued prayers!
ReplyDeleteBonnie, Baby NiNi, & Carol:
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work Baby NiNi. We know you can do this! We are praying for all of you but especially that Baby NiNi has a complete & speedy recovery.
Love, hugs, & prayers,
Roxanna
Can't wait to see of picture of you holding Baby NiNi. She is doing so good :) We are still praying and hoping for some holding time soon. Thank you for the updates
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that the doctors are raving! what an awesome God we serve!!! And I absolutely LOVE the picture of her sucking her thumb...I have three little thumb suckers of my own. :)
ReplyDeleteOH she is so strong and precious! Praying here in CA for you both, thanks for the updates.
ReplyDelete