Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Good Day!




Today was a day of progress. NiNi hasn't been able to totally wean off oxygen, but is down to 0.2 L/min. Off O2, her sats are only 90. She fed better today, actually took 60mL for me tonight!! :-) The best yet. We will tube feed additional nutrition for a while, she weighs less than 5 kg (11 pounds) right now. Physical therapy saw her today, gave us exercises to do with her to catch her up over time. Methadone was weaned a bit today, no withdrawal symptoms so far! My friend Gina came to visit, brought NiNi wonderful presents. It was nice to visit and catch up. She held Baby, who smiled and cuddled with her. Looking at coming home this weekend, can't wait!! :-)

6 comments:

  1. And I loved visiting Bonnie and NiNi! She is just precious with those huge brown eyes. She was really checking me out and watching me-the new face in the room. She sucks her thumb and first finger (with them crossed while in her mouth). She gets so excited and kicks when she sees her bottle come out (after so long with just a feeding tube.)
    After meeting her I am so impressed with this Miracle Baby. So many things had to fall in to place to literally save her life. And they did! God, fate, good luck... or maybe a little of each.
    Glad to meet you Baby Nini and I'm so glad you and your Mommy found each other! It was meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks great! So nice to see mama hold her baby, especially gratifying after all she has been through. I love happy endings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray Bonnie!!!! Oh she is just so adorable!!!!! So thrilled that she is doig so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, Baby NiNi, & Carol:

    I am so happy to see these beautiful pictures of Baby NiNi & so happy to hear she is doing so much better.

    I am still praying for all of you & that the Lord will heal Baby NiNi completely & quickly.

    Love, hugs, & prayers in Christ's name,
    Roxanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! Happy to see you both so happy... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful news...so glad to hear of baby NiNi's progress and how well she is responding. She is adorable.

    ReplyDelete