Monday, April 12, 2010

Post-Op Day 6, Held By Mommy Once More!



My sweet girl is now 6 days post op. She is progressing beautifully! She is down to 2 L/NC on the oxygen (no more high flow), with 99% sats and an improved chest Xray. All her lines are out, there is 1 IV left, in her foot, and the pacer wires will come out before discharge. She is being moved from ICU to the stepdown floor this afternoon! :-) We are hoping to come home in another 7-10 days. I got to hold her today, for the first time in 3 weeks. It was wonderful to have her snuggle close again! :-) I'm so very thankful to see her improve. She is still being tube-fed, not interested in the bottle much, but tolerating the feeds well. She still weighs 5.1 kg (11.22 pounds), so she's maintaining. Now it's time to fatten her up a bit. :-) Thank you for all your continued prayers and support!

18 comments:

  1. What beautiful pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blessings and hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me try that post again - SORRY - Great News! So glad to see her in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Blessed. Amazing!!!
    Continued prayers sent your way, and enjoying reading about all the great progress and seeing your daughter in your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh! There she is - right where she belongs - in Mama's arms! Oh yeah!
    :o)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! You and your baby are both beautiful beyond words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the most beautiful sight! Many praises for the miracle of you holding her. Now to get her even better so she can go home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Bonnie...that is the most beautiful picture to see!!!!!!!!! Praise God for the healing and recovery! I can just picture you guys cuddled up for the next week until you get to go home :))))) SO thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! So happy for you!

    xoxo,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what joy to see you holding Nini and that wonderful smile on your facee. Just eat those snuggles up - it's one of my fav things to do! I hope you get home and settled very soon and that you both have a long, healthy life together!

    So happy for you both!

    MaryHelen (from Yahoo SAC)
    Lucky Mama to Rose, age 4yrs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Praise God! What a blessing to see Nini in her Mama's arms!
    Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Praise Him all creatures here below. Praise Him above ye heavenly hosts. Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
    Amen & Amen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous pictures! Nini is just precious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So excited that you can hold her again! That's the best medicine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is what it's all about! Love seeing her in your arms where she belongs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Bonnie ~ Look at your little peanut all cradled up in your arms. Those are the BEST moments! What a hunny!!

    I'm soooooo sorry that I've been missing out on your blog! I was just going through some of Khloe's quilt squares that my daughter had put in a drawer of my desk, and I seen your letter. She had shown me your fabric and 'good wish' for Khloe, but not the letter. So I just read it tonight and quickly typed in your blog address to see how things are going. In your letter from early last month, you were just about to leave for China. And you were worried, knowing your little sweetie was sick and would need surgery soon after getting home. I clearly have a lot to catch up on here. I'm so bummed that I missed reading about your travels and all that has happened over the last month. I look forward to perusing through here some more and catching up. Just glad to be here now. Know that you will be in my my prayers!

    Love and Hugs,
    ~ Tanya

    P.S.>> Thanks again for the lovely ladybug fabric and the wish. It absolutely will be on Khloe's quilt!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bonnie, Baby NiNi, & Carol:

    I am so happy for all of you that Baby NiNi is doing so great. The Lord has answered our prayers. I will keep you all in my prayers that He will heal Baby Nini completely & quickly.

    Love, hugs, & prayers in Christ's Name

    Roxanna

    ReplyDelete
  16. We just got back from a little trip and got caught up on Nini's progress and are sooooo happy to read and see that she is recovering beautifully. Love the pictures of Nini being held by loving Mommy... precious!!!

    Praying that things continue smoothly and Nini gets to go home, healthy and happy, soon!
    Very best wishes,
    The Ericksons

    ReplyDelete
  17. What precious pictures! Praying for a continued smooth recovery so you and your little girl can go home!

    ReplyDelete