Friday, April 9, 2010

Post-Op Day 3, Doing Well


Baby NiNi had a good day today. She was fussy earlier this afternoon, but tonight was smiling and calm, sucking her thumb. The ativan helps with shakiness, hopefully we'll be through the worst of withdrawal in another day or two. They took out her chest tubes this morning, and placed a feeding tube. She got 1/2oz this last feeding, and they increase the amount every 3 hours, if she tolerates it. Tomorrow the plan is to take out the right atrial line, discontinue tpn and lipids, increase tube feeds, and try to give bottle feeds, and let me hold her!! :-) Hurrah!! I can't wait. If she continues to do well, she might transfer to the stepdown floor on Monday. They inceased the oxygen this afternoon to high flow. Her right lung has atelectasis, not fully expanded, so the high flow should help. They also suctioned her twice, cleaned out those airways. Overall, my sweet baby is doing fabulous.

11 comments:

  1. Yay!! She looks so good!

    xoxo,

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!!! I LOVE seeing those eyes wide open!!! Yay, NiNi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at those bright beautiful eyes!!!! She looks terrific! Oh, what a great report...praying for all of those next steps and pictures of her back in your arms soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news! She is so beautiful- what a sweetheart! We are continuing to think of you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Bonnie, Baby NiNi, & Carol:

    I am so happy that Baby NiNi is coming along so well & I hope she will continue to improve each day.

    My prayers are with you all. Thank you for keeping us updated on Baby NiNi's progress. I am praying for her complete & speedy recovery.

    Love, hugs & prayers in Christ's name,
    Roxanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks wonderful! I am so glad to hear she is doing so well! I pray you are able to hold her this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO happy to hear how well NiNi is doing post operatively. I was trying to find your email to drop a line to no avail. Thanks for the oh so sweet blog comment. It brightened my day. You and NiNi are in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

    Lisa (SAC)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We just got home from China yesterday and I was anxious to visit your blog today and see how your sweet baby was doing. I know it was rough for you before we left 17 days ago for China ourselves. So glad to see she is recuperating and is getting everything she needs. You are doing great, Mommy!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved seeing her eyes wide open! So happy for you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved seeing those beautiful, bright eyes! So happy your NiNi is doing so much better.
    Jeana in Illinois (SAC)
    Hannah, age 12 and Grace, age 6

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful news! So thrilled for you and for her. She looks fabulous!

    Lynn in Nevada City

    ReplyDelete