

With 6 days to go...the lists are endless!
I think I have MOST of the paperwork finished and organized, so I can concentrate on the bigger issue: PACKING! It occurred to me the other day that I have almost NO basics for my child! So, I bought her a package of socks, and onesies, and felt instantly better. :-) I have enough little outfits to see us thru the trip (and they DO sell clothes in China! heehee), but I need to buy diapers and wipes and baby tylenol and etc.etc. still. Thank goodness my BFF bought the baby a nice warm bunting suit to keep her warm in Henan, as it is still chilly there...and baby is little. :-)
I purchased our airline tickets yesterday, so we have ACTUAL flight confirmation...today I FedExed the cashier's check for hotels, in-country travel, and etc. Tomorrow midday is my pre-travel conference call with my travel group and my agency...It will seem very real after that, I suppose! Right now everything is kind of surreal...I look at the crib, carseat, strollers, and changing table, but they don't FEEL real yet. I also have to verify my daughter's american name- after tomorrow I won't be allowed to change it until after everything is finished. Good thing I love the name, eh?? :-)
My sweetie and I picked up the glider-rocker yesterday...it is heavenly to sit in. Can't wait to rock NiNi in it. Charlie (one of my orange boys) has decided he LOVES the rocker too! He also loves NiNi's crib, I find him (and his brother Spencer) snoozing in it daily! :-) He is going to be VERY disappointed when I put the 4th rail up high and he can't jump in there any more!
And to top things off, I've been sick this week...grrrr....
On a positive note: Girl Scout Cookies have arrived! Yep, tis the season to indulge in those heavenly treats! :-)







No comments:
Post a Comment