Monday, January 25, 2010

PA!!! (pre-approval)



INTRODUCING: LiuNi, my daughter-to-be!!

Yeah!!! I received an email today, telling me that I have PA as of 1/20/10! LiuNi is going to be my daughter!! :-)

She will be 7 months old this week; can't wait to hold this darling baby girl. I have stared at this picture since October 23rd (she was about 4 months old in the picture)...waiting for permission to be allowed to share this information!

For those who haven't heard anything about this child: she has a major heart defect, called TGA (transposition of the great arteries). She will need heart surgery once I get her home, but should be perfectly fine after that. :-) In China, there is a 50% mortality rate associated with TGA repair; in the USA, approximately 5%.

The orphanage has been calling my baby "NiNi" (pronounced NeeNee), so that is how I've been thinking of her...She is in a care home that is run by my agency, so she is being closely watched as she waits for me.

Now we wait for the next steps: LOA, TA, CA...hoping they will come quickly so I can get to China!!

God is good, so much to be thankful for tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for PA! You'll be in China in no time! Love your new pics! NiNi looks like she's doing well! Love Gina and Mia

    ReplyDelete