Friday, January 1, 2010

First Post!! :-)

Happy New Year to everyone! I am just getting this started, so bear with me...

The whole idea of starting a blog is so friends and family can follow my adoption journey to China. People I am close to know just how l-o-n-g of a process this has been. (Hint: in April, I will officially have been waiting for 36 months!!) Wait times were 8-12 months when I was starting the process...sigh.

Hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year's. I can't believe 2009 is history- where did it go?? I had a lovely holiday season, full of friends and family. I have so much to be thankful for, as always. The new year starts with a blank slate, and how we fill it in is up to us.

2010 looks to be a year of changes and interesting events! My BFF (Jenn) will graduate from nursing school this year! yeah!! :-) I am considering changing jobs after 10 1/2 years in CSICU...it is exciting and oh-so-scary to think about, but we will see how it works out. The biggest change is OF COURSE, on the adoption front: this should be the year that I become a mom!! That will be HUGE, and include a 2-week journey to China to pick up my daughter. My mom and 14-year old niece are planning to journey with me, so it should be an exciting adventure for us!! :-)

God's blessings to one and all for the coming year!

No comments:

Post a Comment