Well, NiNi's first Christmas at home was a success!! :-) It was full of everything I had hoped it would be.
Jenn got home 12/24 in the evening, so we had Christmas morning together, just the 3 of us. We exchanged our gifts, and NiNi opened her presents from us. We all opened our stockings, even the cats! :-) NiNi picked out her stocking, it is red silk with a glitter brocade on it! My parents arrived around noon; we all hung out, NiNi entertained my parents- of course!, and we just relaxed. We had dinner around 4:30, Dad made excellent turkey enchiladas, and I made salad and spanish rice. Nice! We opened presents with my folks, and they left to go home at 8:15 p.m.
NiNi got overwhelmed quickly by the sheer volume of gifts. I helped her open a few, then she would need a break. My siblings, parents, and aunt were EXTREMELY generous, so the living room was a pile of packages! :-) We will take a day or so to open everything, going in small intervals so NiNi could enjoy it. She received lovely, thoughtful presents from everyone, thank you one and all!!
My precious daughter snuggled on the couch with me and fell asleep while watching the Christmas lights...it is such an amazing feeling still. I don't usually put her in bed right away, I enjoy having her curled up in my arms. As I held her tonight, I thought about the first Christmas, wondered if Mary felt similarly as she held her baby boy and watched him sleep.
My first Christmas as a mom was just incredible. It is what I have waited for, prayed for, hoped for. I love being a mom, and watching my daughter experience all the delights of this season has just been life-affirming for me. From the Grinch cartoon to holiday lights, from the Christmas Eve service (my favorite service) to holiday treats, she took it all in stride and was very interested in everything! Next year should be even more fun, as she will understand it better. ;-)
Merry Christmas to all! God's blessings for this holiday season!
Love
Bonnie and NiNi







Glad you & your family had a very nice Christmas! Wishing you & yours a very Happy, Healthy & Prosperous New Year!
ReplyDelete