Monday, March 7, 2011

The Night Before...

One year ago tonight, I was trying to prepare for the biggest change in my life. I sat on the bed in our Crowne Plaza hotel room, putting items I might need for Gotcha Day into a diaper bag from the Zhengzhou Walmart.

Earlier in the evening, Mom, Paige and I had walked to Walmart for a few supplies...and had our own entourage following us thru the store!! It was a little unnerving, but apparently many of the locals haven't seen many/any blonds/Americans. We had a group of about 10 or 12 who watched us, following behind. Occasionally one person would say "hi", then duck behind a display or turn away...we were even followed to the 2nd floor, where the baby supply section was suddenly flooded with people. Most people smiled or waved, but there were a number who just looked confused. All in all, it was kind of entertaining. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment