One year ago today, the Chinese government handed me a gorgeous paper in a red, hard cover "book". It stated officially that Liu Ni was now Olivia Grace LiuNi Behling, and my daughter. They had a little ceremony for all 6 of our families, handing us our paper one at a time, and getting pictures. It felt wonderful to know NiNi was officially MINE! My attention was split, though, because I was trying to figure out how to get my girl home faster...and get oxygen for her in-country...and keep her nourished with the least stress to her little blue body...
In the afternoon, our wonderful guide, Yisha, came with her helpers to bring me portable oxygen for NiNi. I watched with 1/2 amusement, 1/2 horror that it was a nylon pillow with a rubber tube and a roller clamp to regulate the flow of oxygen. When I asked how to measure the amount, I was told "it doesn't matter. If baby needs more, either squeeze the pillow or put something heavy on it." ???!!! WOW...that was a difficult moment for this CSICU technology-using RN! The good thing was, the oxygen helped NiNi look not quite so blue, and she breathed a little easier...and so did I...
Our Birthday Princess!
14 years ago







Hi Bonnie could you email me at waiting4lexi@yahoo.com I would love to chat with you about TGA. I got your name from J. Thanks
ReplyDelete