Hope everyone had a relaxing Labor Day weekend! I think it was the last hurrah for summer weather; the air tonight has a hint of cool, and it's supposed to be 70's and 80's for the immediate future. It feels lovely this evening, though, with the doors and windows open.
5 months ago today, my precious NiNi had her arterial switch surgery. It was her 2nd open heart surgery, and the BIG one. It was a complicated procedure, and she was SO fragile then...you would never know that to look at her now! What a big difference!! She is pink, and healthy, and growing, and active...everything I hoped and prayed for her! :-)
My parents came down for the day on Friday, and NiNi was delighted to see them. She was kind of cranky, not her normal sunny self, but still had a good time with them.
I am working to get her on a schedule, also. That includes nap-time every afternoon. Most days she will nap for around 2 hours. I am also trying to get her to bed earlier also...no more 0200 nights!! She has been going to bed between 9 & 11, but I am hoping that with earlier mornings she will go to bed earlier also! This week we start daycare conversion...we have been spending a little time there, but this week I will start leaving her for a few hours, and we'll build up from there. I go back to work in another month, and I want her used to daycare before then. Mom has offered to come here and watch Nini on the weekend I work, since daycare isn't available then. :-) We will figure it all out...
Congratulations to my BFF, Jenn!! She got her first nursing job, and should start in another week or two. Unfortunately, she will be working out of town at least 1/2 time, which will be an adjustment for ALL of us...especially the 3 furry boys and NiNi...she is really attached to her Aunt Jennie. :-)
I am posting a couple of pictures from 4/6, before and after NiNi's surgery. The first one is the morning of her surgery, the 2nd is her being transported to surgery, and the 3rd one is right after she came back from surgery- note all the equipment, including 2 chest tubes, pacer wires, catheter, intra-cardiac lines, and still connected to the ventilator...but PINK, PINK, PINK, with 100% oxygen saturation levels for the first time in her life!!! It was just amazing. God is good!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment