Miss NiNi is becoming quite the traveler! We flew to Denver for our adoption agency's annual reunion, and had a blast!! :-)
We stayed with one of the families from our travel group, they were so welcoming and kind. Their little girl, Hutton, is 3 1/2 months older than NiNi, and they played nicely together. Parker, CO, is gorgeous!! :-) What a lovely spot. Melissa and I really got to know each other, and discovered that we have a lot in common. She and Todd have a lovely family, complete with 2 boys and several cats. :-)
The reunion was incredible. NiNi was thrilled to be surrounded by so many kiddos, and kiddos that look like her! It was nice to let her run around, to be with so many families that look just like ours! :-) Adoption is our life, and I am proud to be an adoptive mama; but sometimes I just want to get a loaf of bread at the store, not share our life story!! There were games, and displays, and food...the potstickers were so yummy!! NiNi ate 3 by herself!! We got to meet the couple who own our agency, Josh and Lily. They are just incredible. Josh does all the pre-travel information phone conference calls himself, and is humble, helpful, and very hands-on. Lily skyped with me in GuangZhou the day I had to take NiNi back to the hospital when she was so ill...she offered comfort and support, and shared my fears and frustrations. She was signing books at the reunion when we approached her. I told her "This is Baby LiuNi", and her eyes got wide. She jumped up with arms out, and burst into tears as she hugged us...so I cried with her! :-) She was just so excited to see how well my girl has done... The walls inside CCAI's building are lined with photos of thousands of beautiful kiddos who have come home; it is so inspirational to see! :-) I still need to add NiNi's picture to that group, but we found Hutton and Reid's pictures.
It was a very quick trip, but I am so glad we went.
Our Birthday Princess!
14 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment