Well, my darling girl is now 1! She has had a marvelous 2-day celebration, and has been showered with many, MANY fabulous presents. :-) She had her first official pictures taken at JCPenney's today (6/28), and handled it nicely. Her little silk outfit from China looked so cute. :-)
Today also marks 16 weeks since Gotcha Day! Amazing how wonderful everything has turned out. :-) There were many who thought my precious angel would never see her first birthday, would never survive all the necessary interventions and surgeries, but God is merciful...and I have much to be grateful for. This morning, when my NiNi opened her eyes and saw me, she smiled, sighed, and said "Mama", before closing her eyes and snuggling against me. I am grateful for these moments every day, every night, and many times during each day. She is the BEST thing I've ever done, and I'm proud to be called her mommy. :-)
My mom came and stayed the week here, helping out. I had urgent gallbladder surgery, and in addition to an overnight hospital stay, I couldn't lift my sweet baby for several days. NiNi LOVED having Grandma's attention and love 24/7, and I am most appreciative of all her help. You rock, Mom! :-)







HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY, NINI!!! Very best wishes for a wonderful year full of blessings, health and great times!
ReplyDeleteBonnie, we wish you a speedy and complete recovery from your unexpected surgery.
Happy Summertime to you both!
The Ericksons
Bonnie: I am so sorry to hear about your surgery but so happy that you are on the road to recovery. I hope you have a very speedy & complete recovery.
ReplyDeleteYour Mother is such a wonderful person. I love her dearly. And I know she loves every one of her granddaughters!
And a belated Happy Birthday to NiNi & hope you will have many, many more birthdays to celebrate with her.
Love in Christ, Roxanna
Belated Happy Birthday to sweet NiNi!!! What an amazing year this little one has had...
ReplyDeleteLOVE the pic of her in the shopping cart - she has grown SO much. Please post more pics when you can.
Feel better soon.
Still waiting on TA over here *sigh*,
Julie
Happy first birthday, NiNi! Hope you are recuperating...and I agree with you - the mommy gig is the best thing going! :)
ReplyDeleteOh man you two have had your share of yuck to last a lifetime. I'm so glad the birthday celebration was successful and that your mom was there to help out. Can't wait to see pics!
ReplyDeleteLisa and Emme
Oh Bonnie,
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry I've been out of touch with blogging. Your Nini is a HUNNY!!! I can't wait to see more photos of her! :) Happy 1st Birthday to your precious girl... what a priceless moment, indeed. And to hear her call you 'mama'... there is nothing better! I love the affection Khloe showers us with... God is GOOD!! <><
Hope you are feeling better, too. No fun to have surgery, but so glad your mom was there to help out... Such a blessing!
Hugs,
Tanya
Hi, I know you are just super busy, but could you briefly tell me what your babies heart conditions were. I am asking because I am looking into special needs with CCAI and I am interested in the heart babies. We adopted with CCAI last August and have a beautiful 21 month old little girl. She was 10 months at the time and not special needs. But I feel my heart being pulled to China again and especially a heart baby. You may email me privately at we3spruills@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteThanks, Delaine Spruill